Being tall and skinny has its upsides and downsides, that’s for sure. Let’s take a look at a few perks and not so perks.
How about bad news first? I always like to end on a positive note.
1. You always have to get links taken out of a watch you want to buy. But they can never take out the same amount on both sides of the clasp to keep it balanced, so you always have unbalanced watches, or you have to wear something that doesn’t fit quite right. Always fun, amirite?
2. People can tell you all day long to go to the gym, eat more or put on a few pounds while poking you in the ribs. But prod them in the belly and tell them to hit the treadmill, eat less or lose a few pounds and suddenly the mood is much less jovial.
3. Maybe it’s just me, but sunglasses just don’t fit. They are never long enough and start to curve early before getting to your ears. This means you are stuck getting Oakley style sunglasses that stay straight and fit…but they are way more expensive.
4. Tying a tie is pretty much impossible. You end up with an embarrassingly tiny knot or a tie that is embarrassingly short. Good thing we’re going to have the solution for that very, very soon 🙂
5. Everyone assumes that either you play basketball or else are otherwise unfit for athletic activity. How could a tall skinny guy possibly be coordinated after all?
6. Cars. Need I say more?
7. Pullups are pretty much impossible.
Now, how about some perks?
1. We can skip leg day in the gym and no one would notice. Ever see a macho guy who regularly skips leg day? Yeah, you notice.
2. Chicks dig tall skinny guys. It’s a mystery of the universe, but one that plays in our favor.
3. Apparently science has proven that tall men are more attractive and earn higher salaries.
4. If you visit Asian countries you are pretty much a celebrity wherever you go and random people want to take pictures with you.
5. Tall and lean mean tend to be healthier and have more longevity.
6. There are lots of blogs, brands and communities out there for tall, skinny guys. Ever see a blog devoted to short fat dudes?
7. Being tall and skinny qualifies you to wear TallSlim Tees and wear the best fitting shirts of your life. Honestly, does anything else really matter?
Surely I’ve missed a few of your favorites, so hit us up on Facebook and let us know what you think.